quarta-feira, 14 de abril de 2010

Love Stories..




I grew up loving Romeo & Juliet. I think it is so beautiful it hurts. Shows love in it's raw nature: passion, obcession, despair, complications, misundertandings, sacrifice... It is so deep and fully touches inside anyone's heart.
A few years after I discovered Bram Stoker's Dracula, another absolutly delightful story. I love the dark sexuality, the dracula caracter... well, all caracters are interesting here!
In both this stories the ending is so powerful, so meaningful and beautiful.

I saw Twilight and I also read the first book. Both the story and the movie are not my cup of tea. I like the caracters of all the Cullen family, I think they're allright, but the rest is just too insipid. When finally I realized that she becomes a vampire, has a baby and they live happily ever after... that was the final drop. Come on!! He's a freakin' vampire! You can't expect things to end well! If he sucombed to his nature and ended up killing her, that would glue me to the plot until the end.
Happily ever after stories like that you have Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and so on, and they are far more interesting.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Twilight is total crap, it's just not for me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário