terça-feira, 30 de março de 2010

A matter of speaking...



I'm portuguese. But I write in english.
The reason why is because I feel more confortable with that language. For example, when I think, I think in english, sometimes I make a fool out of myself because, in my speech sudenly comes an english word in the middle of an entire portuguese frase, apparently my internal translator is slower than my thoughts. LOL

Also, and don't get me wrong, because I don't relate as much to my own country. Yes, I love Portugal in a lot of aspects: I love its landscapes from north to south, I love its deep conection to the sea, the food, the weather... But I don't relate to most of the people, the mentality, the way of living, the politics, etc... being shorter on the subject I love this country by its natural aspects, I hate this country because of its human aspects.

It's easier for me to express myself in english, just that.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário